Tuesday 25 February 2014

The Nearly-Weds by Jane Costello

Let me begin by writing that I do not enjoy giving books a bad review and I do not like leaving them half way through either. But that's what I had to do with The Nearly-weds by Jane Costello. This is the first book I have tried by Jane and I am sure there will not be a second. When I found this book I was immediately interested and I really liked the cover (even though I know better than to judge a book by its cover). The blurb was misleading instead of fun interesting read I got a bland and totally predictable one. I know authors can not do much unpredictable where romance novels are concerned but they sure can make it interesting. And many of them do like SEP but such was not the case with the nearly-weds. Despite trying I could not invest my self in the characters though I really liked the children. It was not that the Ryan and Zoe were not interesting its just their story was not that interesting. It did not have something special.
I do not have any issue with the writing, it was the plot that needed more work. The only scene I enjoyed was when Ryan had to take Zoe to the party where she ends up drunk and almost naked.
This is not one of the books I would recommend to anyone when they are much better books available.
                                                                   Yours sincerely,
                                                                           Ashi.

No comments:

Post a Comment