Tuesday 17 June 2014

In Langkawi

Hi!I am in Langkawi, Malaysia right now and to me it's one of the beautiful places on the earth. Langkawi is a small island in kedah and its also known as jewel of Kedah. It is a good spot for water sports and it is known as great place for scuba diving ๐Ÿ˜Š.
This is our last day here and I will give you brief summary of what we have been up to until now ☺
On our first day here we enjoyed the beach and the hotel. As the waves were high we couldn't go banana boat riding and parasailing ๐Ÿ˜• I had so much fun soaking my feet, collecting sea shells and walking on the beach ☺ though the sand does have  a way of collecting in the most uncomfortable places ๐Ÿ˜‘.
Any ways next day we went for a boat ride at the langkawi Geo Park. It consists of a tour of crocodile cave, bat cave and monkey and eagle feeding. The tour started with eagle feeding unfortunately I couldnt catch it on the camera. Then we fed some monkeys along the way and let me tell you that due to childhood incident I am reaฤบly scared of monkeys and that is why I am immensely proud of the picture I took when one jumped into our boat (very close to me).

Kids were pretty scared when they heard we were going to the crocodile cave but the our guide explained that there really used to be a lot of crocodiles here but due to global warming and increase and sea levels they have abandoned the cave. To tell you the truth I wanted to see a crocodile and I was a bit disappointed when we didn't encounter one.
We left for bat cave then and I am happy to say that we did see a lot of bats there! I even felt a few fly past me and I wasn't even a little scared๐Ÿ˜Š. We could only tour one cave as the second cave had met the same fate as the crocodile cave ๐Ÿ˜ฆ



After that we had a lovely time touring the blue sea surrounding the island. It was a fun bumpy ride.

 We went for a helicopter ride the next day and as it was absolutely fantastic. I wanted to do it again and again but one ride had costed us 550 ringgit's ( the name of Malaysian currency) we are 14 people in total.

The third day we spent in hotel and enjoyed a relaxing foot massage and the beach and that is the day I got really sick and because of that I missed the cruise to marine island with my family. I so wanted to go scuba diving there but I could barely move out of bed ๐Ÿ˜ฃ. We will be leaving for Penang tomorrow. I hope I will be able to go for parasailing and banana boat riding there!
                 Yours sincerely,
                          Ashi.
P.S did you happen to catch the Germany vs Portugal world cup match?? It was awesome, no offense to Portuguese fans but their team got annihilated!
OLE OLE OLA!!

No comments:

Post a Comment