Friday 12 September 2014

Heist Society by Ally Carter

Blurb: Katarina Bishop is was an art thief. Now she goes to the most expensive private school and leads a some what normal life. When she is kicked out for something she did not do and finds Hale in the car that was supposed to take her home she knows her dream of leading a normal life was in great danger of never coming true. Hale informs her that her father was wrongly suspected of stealing some art that belonged to a mysterious and dangerous Arturo Taccone, she knows she can not turn her back to her family now. She needs to find the real criminal and get the Arturo and the Interpol off her fathers back. The task ahead of her is difficult especially now that she has found out that the art was stolen by Visily Romani (someone who is not to be messed with). Will she able to go back to her normal life after all this is over or will she be drawn back to the dangerous and exhilarating HEIST SOCIETY. 
 Review: I have read first 2 books from Ally Carters Gallagher girls and realized that they promise a lot but but fail to deliver. They are a dream come true for girls who wanted to read about a spy school for young girls ( few years ago I was one of those....ugh who am I kidding I still dream about them). The descriptions are perfect, the characters are cool but some how the book lacks that WOW* effect. 
When Heist society was recommended to me at that time I was not aware that it was penned by Ally Carter and I got really excited to start it. When I was done with first chapter I felt like yeah this seems like a good book. It had not WOW'ed me but I liked it. Then I remembered that I have felt this way before and checked out the authors name and google'ed it. I found out that Gallagher girls and Heist society where penned by the same person and realized that was why I felt like I was familiar with the style.
Heist society (for me) was way better then Gallagher girls even though they both shared a sense of.....umm...flatness, I guess. Heist society was interesting and I wanted to read more after I finished it. I liked Katarina Bishop (I never understood how her mind worked though). She is smart and not smug about it. I wished her thinking process and her feeling were more detailed so that I could understand her character. Her on and off  hot and charming boy friend, Hale (who literally follows her every where and seems to have no life  of his own) works great as an eye candy. Her team mates (her enigmatic uncle) were so much more interesting. I really liked the setting of the story which was all over Europe. The author has done a lot of research about art theft and it shows. It is the information that I enjoyed the most (I watch White Collar :p). 
This is a good book and if you want to check it out then go in with low expectations (you will not be disappointed that way).

No comments:

Post a Comment